"When we do the best that we can, we never know what miracle is wrought in our life, or in the life of another." - Helen Keller
A Little About Me:
2019-20 is the beginning of my 20th year here in Sanger and 27th year total, and I have loved every moment. I was raised in Henrietta, Texas, so I enjoy the feeling of the community a "small town" environment exudes most of all, although I have lived near both Houston and Dallas. I enjoy teaching and getting to know my students each year and look forward to challenging them to think critically as well as being challenged by them myself. I have a firm belief that education never stops in life even after the "educational" years are over. A person never stops learning.
Other than educating today's society's future leaders, I have a family, consisting of my husband and kitty, with whom I enjoy spending time. I've even been known to spend many hours working on the computer. I have many creative hobbies that tend to keep me busy outside the classroom consisting of everything from cooking to cross-stitch and painting ceramics, but would have to say that my favorite relaxation is either writing creatively or spending time with a really good book.
- Graduated 1984: Henrietta High School, Henrietta, Texas
- Bachelors of Arts, English/History, 1993: Midwestern State University
- Masters of Education, Teacher Leadership, 2017: Lamar University
Policies and Procedures:
- Be prompt, be prepared, and be polite!
- Class discipline and expectations will follow the student handbook and the Class Social Contract.
- Detentions, if necessary, will be issued in accordance with school policy.
- Each morning 7:40 - 8:10 am
- Monday - Thursday afternoons from 3:45 - 4:15 pm